Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Censorship!

For the first 18 months of this blog's existance, I did not moderate comments at all, and rarely did I have to delete anything. And then I started moderating, on the basis that I'd publish everything - except what which might be actionable, or was pointlessly rude and offensive, or create collateral damage by causing pain to entirely innocent people. Well today I've refused to publish three comments. Two because their only purpose was to be offensive. It seems that one was disappointed by the lack of intellectual depth in my postings. In its way that's pleasing! This is a blog, not a series of policy statements. And while I quite like the fact that approaching 300 visitors a day call in, no-one is forced to, and neither should they if it causes them to be so bored that they want to write offensive remarks. So **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *** - with all due respect!

And the other comment was an entirely fair and accurate one from Dr Christopher Woods, my most frequent commenter. Its just that I don't want this blog to cause any additional pain to the family of the late Dr Phil Williams. Christopher has told us of his regard for Phil and I want to leave it at that. Sorry Christopher.

1 comment:

Dr. Christopher Wood said...

That's fine Glyn. It is a difficult subject for sure given the circumstances.