Friday, November 16, 2007

Where are my Pink Specs

We once met Jimmy Savile when we were on holiday. Sally called him Jimmy Saddle, and that's been his name in our house ever since. Anyway, he was mugged yesterday by a woman who stole his famous pink spectacles. The Telegraph reports that he responded by saying "Its the first time I've been jumped on by a woman for nearly 50 years. Today, the UK Retailers Association reports that Specsavers are having difficulty meeting an inexplicable surge in demand for pink specs from elderly gentlemen of a certain kind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

These MP's get everywhere!!

Anonymous said...

pink specs with matching undies would be irresistable

Martin Eaglestone said...

I'll need to check it out Glyn as my son works for Specsavers !

Glyn Davies said...

Let me know Martin if there is any truth in this. We do have a pair of pink rimmed sunglasses at home which I may try - purely for research of course.

Anonymous said...

Youve been tagged to do the crazy eights Glyn Check my blog :>)
Dylan has done his

Glyn Davies said...

vm - I noticed when I read your blog last night. I'd been intending to pretend that I hadnt seen it! Now I'm going to have to do play ball - but Im going out tonight, and tomorrow for the day.