Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lib Dems at War

Last week, I caused Lembit Opik to have a strop by, in some innocence, suggesting that all the publicity that has engulfed his private life might have caused former Lib Dem supporters in Montgomeryshire to switch to us. Even I (with no innocence at all) would not have gone as far as the Party's Chair in Montgomeryshire did in the Western Mail this week. It seems that I understated the position. It looks as if the Lib Dems are at war. I wonder how many fingers Mick Bates is using to express his opinion of all this.

I'm told that Lembit made a decent speech at the Lib Dem conference over the weekend - but the only press coverage I've seen was Martin Shipton's interview with the Montg. Chair about his private life. I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall when Mick is next discussing his campaign strategy with Lembit and the local committee.

No comments: