Monday, January 15, 2007

Back to Politics Full Time

Finally made it back to my computer to-night - having neglected my blog. Two days away and I've started to miss it. How sad is that? But been fully engaged with preparing the foundations for the great Conservative Assembly election victory next May. All day yesterday in the Metropole in Llandrindod working on strategy (Yes - it was Sunday) and then almost 5 hours today helping David Melding put finishing touches to our mouth-watering manifesto. I feel confidemce oozing from every pore.

Done nothing on the 'Rainbow Coalition' today - although I did 'appear' on Post Cynta this morning where the subject lurked in the background as I answered Gary Owen's qustions on Peter Hain's preposterous suggestion that the Tories and Plaid Cymru are a threat to the Union. The Western Mail's Tomos Livingstone followed me and Alun Michael - and seemed to be suggesting that there is all to play for in the election. I don't know what polls Tomos has been looking at - but my view is that Rhodri Morgan's goose is cooked unless Blair resigns in March - unless, of course, either the Lib Dems or Plaid Cymru step in to ensure that the convoluted wordsmith carries on for another couple of years. Time to stop before the Rainbow Coalition raises its head again.

No comments: