Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Day of the Undead - 4th Anniversary

Its 5.30. Exactly 4 yrs ago, I was in the operating theatre at the Shrewsbury Nuffield Hospital undergoing what is called a lower bowel resection. This operation involved the removal of my rectum, anus etc., the stitching up of where my backside had been until 3 hours before and the constuction of a colostomy on my abdomen. When I came around at about 6.30, I was pleased to be still alive. December 19th will always be an emotional day for me. This afternoon I have been telephoning others who have 'enjoyed' a similar experience. We each call 'our' day the 'Day of the Undead'.

It changes a man (and woman). When our Chief Whip tells me something is crucially important, I sometimes have a job to keep a straight face. I do try to follow his 'instuctions' if I can though. William has a job to do.

I wish all visitors to this blog site a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.
And make the best of your time. You never know what is around the corner.

No comments: