Friday, November 24, 2006

My Winter Fuel Allowance.

I needed a pick-me-up. It has been a tough week. I had to resolve on Monday to do nothing which might be 'stressful'. This damn infection, Staphylacoccus Aureau took hold last weekend and only now is being mastered. And then today along comes notification that my Winter Fuel Allowance of £200 will be paid directly into my account in the next few days. It is supposed to help us with the cost of our winter fuel bills - and many people will find it a huge help. But I will probably use it to buy trees for the garden and play my part in mitigating the impact of climate change - so helping some of the poorest people in the world. That is as worthy as you can get. I'm not going to 'blow it' on a good night out which in the past I might have been tempted to do. The Polly Toynbee effect is working already.

No comments: