Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hello Bloggers. I'm joining you. Glyn

My first week back in the political fray after August in the garden - except for attending umteen agricultural shows the length and breadth of Wales - and I have decided to plunge into the high risk world of the blogger. It will be my chance to take revenge on established Assembly bloggers, Peter Black and Leighton Andrews. Peter taught us all a valuable lesson last month about being careful about what is written on the weblog when he 'rubbished' Ming Cambell and found himself all over the UK news. I wonder what he thinks of his publicity obsessed Welsh leader, Lembit Opik. Probably about as much as he thinks of his Assembly leader, Mike German who we hear is plotting a new Lib-Lab coalition with Rhodri Morgan, with Peter being left out of the frame. But I had best be careful mentioning regard for the leader because I have had a bit of trouble in that direction myself.
August is my month for gardening and this year's main projects were a new 'prairie' border made up of grasses interspersed with 'White Swan' echinaceas and various kniphofias and a new 'boathouse'. Clwb Garddio were filming the garden last week and I have taken the chance to launch an attack on S4C's totally bizzarre decision not to commission another series of this great programme. I suppose S4C want to free up more time so as to inflict more trashy 'reality TV' with its Z list celebs on us.
I am quite looking forward to the new session in Cardiff Bay. Usually, in September, I dread having to go back to all the pathetic psuedo-anger and petty points scoring - but with the election looming next May, there could be a bit of sparky interest. How long will it be before Dafydd El is forced to chuck the Deputy Presiding Officer out of the Chamber because he is "putting the people of Wrexham before his personal interests"? And when will we detect the first signs of Rhodri and Mike German's new 'understanding'? And I am bound to enjoy the panic on the Labour benches as they realise Tony is hanging on and the opinion polls are turning blue, forcing them into bed with Mike German's gang of double-dealers. I am enjoying the prospect of becoming the official opposition even if it will be from the solitary position of a Tory backbencher - which will give me plenty of time for blogging.

1 comment:

Peter Black said...

"Peter taught us all a valuable lesson last month about being careful about what is written on the weblog when he 'rubbished' Ming Cambell and found himself all over the UK news."

But I was careful what I wrote!